Sunday, July 26, 2009

Resting Close to my Kitchen

Well today has been a day of rest...sort of. It did start with a trip to Home Depot where I purchased sheetrock, drywall mud and other assorted construction materials... then I hauled it all up the hill to our home. I am alone today which means I hauled it up alone. When I was done, I was well...just DONE! So I fixed myself a Marie Calender's Chicken Pot Pie (how is that for healthy eating!) and sat down with John Grisham's The Client (which I have been reading for at least a month now) and rested everything...body, mind and spirit. Sacredness comes along in strange packages at times and I know without a doubt that this day is just as Sacred as yesterday and the day before...

Oh, I found myself wandering into my Sacred Kitchen, here and there, and thanking it for its progress toward completion and all that it teaches me in the process.

Tomorrow I return to my other life with San Jose Fire...and the sacredness continues...

1 comment:

  1. Dear Friend April... every moment is a Holy Moment, every moment is a Sacred Moment, and you have captured the essence. I love that you're having some "down time" reading what I call "fluff" and eating what comes easy. You lead such a purposeful life. Thank you for being a model of Holy Moments.
    Wish I could have helped you carry your loads up the hill.
    Much love and blessings, Chris
    PS Tuesday we'll have some special items for your walls!

    ReplyDelete